The Library Media Center consists of three sections. The first section is shown in the picture on the home page and it houses the books, information desk, check-out counter, video collection, and the student study areas. The second section houses the computer lab that contains PCs which are loaded with software designed for student use. The third section houses the video production lab, sound production lab, and the technology research lab.
(AHSLMC = Acme High School Library Media Center, AHS = Acme High School)
- Students may use the AHSLMC before and after school as well as during their lunch period.
- Students must sign -in and sign-out at the checkout desk.
- Students are expected to behave in a productive manner while in the AHSLMC: working on homework, researching, and reading for pleasure.
- The student code of conduct as stated in the student handbook applies while using the AHSLMC.
- Any disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. (Loud talking, misuse of AHSLMC materials, etc.)
- AHS issued student ID’s are required to check out all AHSLMC Materials.
- Books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed.
- Reference materials, magazines, and newspapers circulate for two days.
- Calculators may be checked out overnight.
- Fines are charged for overdue, damaged and lost materials.
- Fines must be paid before student is allowed to check out additional materials.
- Current replacement costs will be charged for lost or damaged materials.
- Students must log into computers with AHS supplied credentials.
- Students must not leave computers unattended while logged in.
- Students are expected to behave in a productive manner while using AHSLMC computers.
- The student electronic code of conduct as stated in the student handbook applies while using the AHSLMC's computer labs.
- The AHSLMC reserves the right to review student use of AHSLMC computers.
Students who wish to use the free wireless Internet offered by the AHSLMC are required to enter their Acme High School credentials when prompted to connect to the network.